Our lovely Featured Bride Melissa gave us some great tips for lowering your wedding costs by Doing some things yourself!
(ways to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars)
- Buy invitation kits online or at a store like Michael’s or Bed Bath and Beyond and print them yourself.
- Use your photographers pictures from the engagement session to make your own Save the dates. Print them somewhere like Walgreens or Walmart
- Buy your linens online for cheaper than renting them through a company
- Find a venue location that is pretty all by itself and save on extra decorating expenses and time you would spend to make your own decor
- Order your flowers from Raley’s or Safeway and put them all together yourself one to two days before the wedding
- Have a friend or relative cook your meal and save tons on catering costs
- Make your own centerpieces. Go online and look up wedding centerpieces and find what you like. Then recreate it. Stores like Michaels, Joann’s, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Home Goods sell glass vases and products needed to create wonderful centerpieces. (Use their coupons Michael’s and Joann’s are always having 40 to 50% off one regular priced item or 20% off entire purchase)
- Meet with many vendors to compare prices to find the best fit for your money